We are delighted to announce the admission of six new freemen to The Furniture Makers’ Company, who were admitted during a historic online ceremony in September.
New freemen are
usually welcomed into the Company during a formal ceremony at Furniture Makers’
Hall, during which the new members make a declaration to uphold the values of
COVID-19 still making it unsafe for people to gather, the ceremony was held
online for the first time in the Company’s history on Monday 7 September.
The six new
freemen admitted to the Company were:
- Jordan Burns, KBB & merchant new business manager at Simon Acres Group Ltd
- John Conroy, furniture manager at Leader Online Limited
- Richard Field, managing director at Rack Systems
- David Smith, retired office furniture shop manager
- David Tracey, director at Qi Retail Ltd
- Brent Weeks, founder of Brent Weeks Furniture
David Woodward, Master, said: “Not only was the admission ceremony a virtual affair but also my first as Master. Our new freemen are being invited to our AGM, Common Hall, next April when I hope we will be able to present them with their badges and certificates in a second, but real life, ceremony. In the meantime, the Furniture Makers welcome them all and look forward to their active participation.”